Sunday, March 12, 2017

Checking in

Things have been a little slow on the project front, there at Tomyris's House for Busy Schedules. HOWEVER! Dear friend Helewise took time out of two weekends to help me get a couple of dresses - gold linen and blue wool, respectively - sorted out for Camping Seasontm. I am now tasked with doing all of the hand work to get them ready to wear. To wit:


I'm finishing the long skirt seams so I can then bind the seam where the skirt is attached to the bodice. Then it's just a few other fiddly bits, lacing rings and hooks/eyes. I took the advice of Morgan Donner and did both a side-back lacing and a front hook and eye arrangement so I can dress myself and easily adjust the fit as needed. She is very smart. The other dress needs the skirt attached, still, and then it will get the same treatment. Hopefully I won't embarrass my Laurel any more by looking like a complete schlep, and I won't feel angry every time I get dressed.

Retail Therapy has been the name of the game, lately. Picked up some glorious yellow silk from Renaissance Fabrics to line the brocade I picked up at 12th Night, that will also serve as the guarding on the blue wool dress, and a few yards of white linen to make another chemise to replace the Ripped Chemise of Blessed Memory. (A thought...I wonder if I can patch that?)

The apron and the hood are still out there, too, and I'll get back to them - they're my "portable" projects.

As luck would have it, next Friday is the first chance I'll get to do any Lenten recipe fun...and the Archbishop has granted everyone leave to eat meat because it's St. Patrick's Day. I'm-a do the tuna anyway, I think, since Gods know I won't be going out for Amateur Night. So, watch this space...

This weekend was our Kingdom's Arts and Sciences and Bardic Championships. I didn't go. I don't regret that for a moment. I am thrilled by and for the next Champions, though! It's not an easy task to achieve.

1 comment:

Cts. Elisabeth said...

Embarrass your Laurel. As if.