A bunch of random thoughts make a post.
![]() |
| My new t-shirt, with the appropriate warning message* |
Firstly, let me say that there are fewer things weirder than being told you've been name-dropped by someone. Like, in the actual context it made some sense, but to have it presented as "to gain street-cred" is wild.
This will be a rambley, noodley post. A bit of a to-do list, a bit of a few things I'm thinking about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I need to sort out the side-lacing of my new 1390s dress, and then maybe get my mom to help me mark the hem when she's here so I can wear it. Broadly speaking, though, the pattern is excellent and I plan to make one or two more from it, because why not? I have that gorgeous wool I spontaneously bought at Double Wars, last year, that would be lovely!
I then need to go back to my fancy partlet that has been on hold for ::checks watch:: approximately one million years while I got distracted by a multitude of shiny things and actual deadlines.
Materials collection for the Langobard ensemble continues, albeit not particularly quickly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Transportation is sorted and plans are afoot for Strawberry Raid and Midsummer Coronation. I'm looking very forward to both of them. The rest of the year will definitely include October Crown and hopefully Lucia Feast. Kingdom Uni depends entirely on where it ends up, but I feel like I should go to it on principle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been having thinky thoughts about doing another feast. I've gotten as far as "it might be fun, if it's small enough." There are a couple of themes knocking around in my head that might be entertaining to plan. I really did enjoy putting the Crown one together, a few years ago, series of unfortunate events notwithstanding. I think I really just like planning menus, actually. Also, feeding people and having them enjoy what I've cooked is very gratifying.
Not cooking at Du fait de cuisine was a choice I made for a few reasons, and I think that's what's pushed me back over the line on this. I feel like I've been out of the kitchen for long enough, now. Also, there's an opportunity to teach something at Strawberry Raid, and my brain is working hard to come up with something that would fit the Friday theme (Colour), because themes are fun.
I have a series of historic Italian cookbooks, now - all compendiums drawing from several sources, but better translated than several others I've seen (I'm looking at you, Scully), so I'm kind of itching to dive into them. I also may have just come up with an idea for a class, just now. Watch this space.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can't decide if I want to just try to sell off a few things I don't need or use, or wait for a fundraising auction and donate it all.
Meanwhile, I've found a worthy recipient for a few specialised items from a previous SCA life, and it's making me happy to pass them along.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* You, too, could also have one of these, or any number of other spectacular designs by Sir Helga through her shop. You're welcome.


Comments