A dog's breakfast
This installment is a bit of clean-up on aisle 5 of things before I launch into my more recent work.
Skeggi, bless 'im, decided that the perfect compliment to Scythian designs was...Japanese. Because obviously. Truth be told, I think Robin of Thornwood did the art on most, if not all, of these, but I developed a Japanese pseudo hand that made a huge amount of sense at the time for all that I have no recollection of the logic I applied.




But even in the early days, I was able to convince Leadership that charters based on manuscripts could be beautiful and exciting!
Albrecht and Maraigha were an easy sell, since that's what they asked for:


For bonus nerd points, the text scans to the chant. This confused the heralds who tried to read it off of the front of the charter instead of off of the sheet I gave them. Silly heralds.




I was even able to convince Ivar and Asney that representing cultures that the Norse came into contact with would keep things visually interesting.


I developed a pseudo-Cyrillic for this set, as well.
Skeggi, bless 'im, decided that the perfect compliment to Scythian designs was...Japanese. Because obviously. Truth be told, I think Robin of Thornwood did the art on most, if not all, of these, but I developed a Japanese pseudo hand that made a huge amount of sense at the time for all that I have no recollection of the logic I applied.




But even in the early days, I was able to convince Leadership that charters based on manuscripts could be beautiful and exciting!
Albrecht and Maraigha were an easy sell, since that's what they asked for:


For bonus nerd points, the text scans to the chant. This confused the heralds who tried to read it off of the front of the charter instead of off of the sheet I gave them. Silly heralds.




I was even able to convince Ivar and Asney that representing cultures that the Norse came into contact with would keep things visually interesting.


I developed a pseudo-Cyrillic for this set, as well.


Comments