...as I continue to meander in the labyrinthine corridors of my brain...

A post on the Drachenwald Facebook page (or it might be the Dragon Scribes page - I forget) was requesting photos of the various vigil books people have made. They are amazing and impressive, and got me to thinking, as these things do.
Please allow me a bit of Logic 101:
If embroidered book covers are a period thing
And small books are useful
Then small books with embroidered covers are useful.
N'est ce pas?
The down side to not having access to my usual avenues of creative outlets is that my brain starts doing things like finding new and exciting projects to consider since I can't work on the ones I already have on the go or in the queue, so...here we are. How I envision this playing out is finding a source of small, affordable notebooks with stiff enough bindings, embroidering some covers for them, then donating them to largesse.
The reality is that this will probably get added to that long list of things I want to do but never get to. Or that I do once, and then get distracted by the next shiny thing. We'll see how it goes. I mean... It's all just speculation at this point. But it's fun to think about. I did manage to make 100 needle cases, once, so who knows.
::sigh::
It's so frustrating to not be in a place where I can commit or plan or make or do.


Comments