Honey Do
![]() |
Yesterday was the investiture of the Founding Baron and Baroness of the newest Barony in Drachenwald - Eplaheimr - and I popped in for court. My garb is currently in a state of ass, so I wrapped myself in a pashmina and kept my video off for this exciting event so as to neither freeze nor offend anyone. It was a lovely ceremony, filled with a lot of happiness and Irishness, and was an excellent lovefest.
It was the kind of lovefest that made my heretofore Grinchy SCA heart grow three sizes, in a manner of speaking. Which is to say that I finally feel motivated to work on my non-scribal SCA projects. And, as it happens, I have rather a long list of things I could take up (when I'm done with the sweater I'm currently knitting for my husband).
I should probably begin by repairing The One Complete Dress I have, which has comprised my wardrobe for the last long time. It's a bit worse for the wear, and needs some solid shoring up. After that should be finishing the chemise I've had on the go for probably the same long time, and perhaps talk myself out of doing any embroidery on it in the short-term, or it will never get done, which it absolutely must do. You see, my favourite chemise has finally reached the end of its usefulness - the fabric keeps ripping in places that are difficult to repair, so I should just probably give up and turn it into napkins, or something, but I'll need a replacement first.
Once I've secured my clothing for the next time we're able to meet up in person, it's high time I finished this dress. It's loosely modelled on the one in the image, and is wool, which seems like a thing I should have. (I'm also thinking I should make an apron like the one in the image, as well, because if you know me at all, you know that I'm wildly clumsy and am likely to spill things or sit somewhere unfortunate, and really it's just for the best. I don't think there's enough of Beloved Chemise to convert, sadly, so I guess I'll need to buy more fabric. Oh, WOE. But I also think I shouldn't add too many things to the list, just now, or I'll stall on all of them.)
One thing I'm really good at, though, is procuring supplies for things that I then proceed to not make for a decade, so at least some thread is on the way to do all of those things I mention. I hope it gets here before I run out of enthusiasm.



Comments