Progress!
Since I don't currently have real space to do big projects, I've been relegated to knitting and handsewing, with an emphasis on the former. But, when my stuff arrived in December, I cleverly pulled out all of the handsewing work I had accumulated, and put it someplace where I'd have to look at it every damn day.
Yesterday, I finally did something about it, and now I'm motivated to keep going.
Behold...the continuing story of the Lacy AF Apron of Laciness:
It doesn't look like much, right there, but what happened was me finally finishing the stitching down the flappy bits on the back that were created when I cut the linen behind the lace. It looks great, and was the hardest part, so now I'm all fired up to add the lace at the bottom, more lace at the sides to finish things off nicely, put a waist tie on it and get on with my life.
I feel like I'm going to have an SCA wardrobe very similar to my modern one where it's the same damn jeans/t-shirt or sweater, but change the scarf for a new look, but instead it's the same damn dress, but I'll change aprons to create a new look. There are worse things.
Yesterday, I finally did something about it, and now I'm motivated to keep going.
Behold...the continuing story of the Lacy AF Apron of Laciness:
It doesn't look like much, right there, but what happened was me finally finishing the stitching down the flappy bits on the back that were created when I cut the linen behind the lace. It looks great, and was the hardest part, so now I'm all fired up to add the lace at the bottom, more lace at the sides to finish things off nicely, put a waist tie on it and get on with my life.
I feel like I'm going to have an SCA wardrobe very similar to my modern one where it's the same damn jeans/t-shirt or sweater, but change the scarf for a new look, but instead it's the same damn dress, but I'll change aprons to create a new look. There are worse things.



Comments