Checking in on progress

Makin' a list...checking it...sometimes

An embarrassingly long time ago, I posted about an Apprentice Challenge started by a lovely person in An Tir. I've not paid any attention to the list at all, really, but let's just see where I'm at with things, shall we?

PROJECT COMPLETION

  • Completed a project that's been in the UFO pile for years. - Fancy apron and bonus wool dress
  • Completed a project that's been on the "ooh, one day I'll make/perform THAT" list for years. - Fancy banner
  • Completed a project that is your most historically accurate thing to date. - Fancy banner
  • Made/performed something new, that you've never tackled before. - Fancy banner (I'm getting a lot of mileage out of this thing!
  • Made/performed something using largely period techniques and materials. - Fancy banner (!)
  • Finished something COMPLETELY - no corners cut, no slap-dash substitutions. Something you're PROUD of. ...wait for it... Fancy banner
  • Defeated a Monster - conquered a thing you've been terrified to tackle: a new discipline, a new medium, a new style. Something you've been terrified to do, but you DID it.

DISPLAY AND PERFORMANCE

  • Performed in court
  • Performed at a feast
  • Performed at an event
  • Displayed art for ambiance at an event
  • Displayed a project as a showcase of skill/talent

COMPETITION AND FEEDBACK

  • Entered a branch competition
  • Entered a Baronial competition
  • Entered a Principality championship level competition
  • Entered a Kingdom championship level competition
  • Presented a display or performed for feedback

FURTHER LEARNING

  • Attended Kingdom University - DONE!
  • Took a class/workshop outside of an event to further your learning
  • Learned a new skill
  • Became proficient at a new skill set/discipline
  • Attended a Principality/Kingdom Arts & Sciences event (competition or education)

GENEROSITY

  • Entered a Super Six or Dirty Dozen Largesse competition
  • Donated an item, or a collection of items for Largesse
  • Worked as part of a team on Royal clothing
  • Worked as part of a team on Regalia
  • Donated garb or accessories for Royals - Belt buckle (which I didn't make, so it probably doesn't count)
  • Made garb or accessories for other SCA folk
  • Donated prizes for a tournament or competition

COMMUNITY PROMOTION

  • Taught a class - Perfectly Period Party Platters (Terra Pomeria - might show up on YouTube one day)
  • Created a new class, and taught it - Perfectly Period Party Platters
  • Hosted/facilitated a workshop
  • Facilitated a regular, public A&S or Bardic night
  • Arranged a largesse competition or donation
  • Arranged a display, with a feedback or populace choice component
  • Organised a competition and coordinated judges
  • Helped coordinate classes for an event
  • Helped arrange A&S and/or Bardic for a demo

ADMINISTRATIVE A&S

  • Held an A&S- or Bardic-related office
  • Held an A&S- or Bardic-related retinue position
  • Volunteered as a judge or student judge for an A&S/Bardic competition

---

So, things have been completed! This is excellent! But I'm still not entirely happy with this list. There's no research component, or way to capture things like "cooked a researched feast" (which is Art, Science and Service, if you ask me), or documenting something, or publishing in places like newsletters and blogs. I shall have a think about this and probably refactor this list into something more relevant to my situation and opinions.

Anyway, I'll have more to write about after this weekend, so stay tuned...

Comments

Popular Posts